Thursday, September 8, 2011

cupcakes...







Baking in the motorhome can be fairly easy except when there are so many steps to a recipe. I decided that it would be fun to make homemade hostess cupcakes so I took on the project one morning I started around 10 a.m. and finally finished them around 3 p.m.!!! Boil the water and sugar and then melt the chocolate. Let it cool. Sift the flour....etc., etc. Let the cupcakes cool for 25 minutes in the muffin pan and then another 25 minutes on a cooling rack. Make the filling, make the genache and the frosting. Fill the cupcakes and frost them with 2 kinds of frosting. I remember saying several times that I would never make them again but today I think I might do it again. The recipe was labor intensive but the end product was worth it. Some people wanted to know why I would make them and I told them..."because I knew I could." Lots of people feel so restricted in a motorhome.

When we sold the house I gave my kitchen aid mixer to Chuck but now I have a new one and I love it.

If you remember in the beginning I told you about all my gadgets. Well, I recently added a marinade injector. Skip is doing a dinner for 100 people at the clubhouse next week and he need an injector. He is injecting an apple juice marinade into pork roasts. He made a trial roast and it was really wonderful.





No comments:

Post a Comment