Tuesday, August 24, 2010

baking and more




Peaches have been a good price at the store so I bought a several pounds. I decided to bake a pie with them. The last time I baked a peach pie the peaches didn't get quite done so this time I actually opened a cook book. I followed the baking instructions for the pie. It suggested baking it at a higher temperature for 20 minutes and then turning it down for another 40 minutes. Saturday I baked the pie and then posted that I did on facebook and just waited for the grandkids to comment...the pie lovers! After a while the phone rang and it was Brett inviting me over for dinner and to bring the pie. They like pie but had never had peach pie so they wanted to try it. Well, try it they did and decided they like it. I always like it when they are willing to try new foods. Julie made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. After dinner we played cards. It was a really nice night.



Shelly, Doug and Jessica are on a trip taking Brandon back to college in Illinois. They are going to stop at a couple colleges for Jessica to tour; visit aunts and uncles in IL; visit Doug's parents in IL and Doug may do some work stops too. Here are a couple pictures of Julie's family and Shelly's family.

No comments:

Post a Comment