Saturday, February 13, 2010

what's cooking....

I really don't know where the time has gone. It is so hard to believe I haven't updated this blog before this. There are no excuses.
Tonight, I'm making Orzo with chicken, mushrooms and spinach. I was going to make it earlier in the week but it was a crazy day so I put it off and we ate out. No, I hadn't thawed the chicken. It is one of my favorite meals to make...probably because I think it's easy. The hardest thing is cutting the chicken, mushrooms and chopping the fresh spinach. I love living in California where we are blessed with so many fresh fruits and vegetables. I must say that I do check to see where the produce is from and I only buy USA produce. That means sometimes we have to do without. We have an asparagus farm about 10 miles out and a sweet corn farm about 25 miles away. We overdose on all the fresh vegetables when they are in season. Then we buy in bulk at the farm and I freeze them so we can enjoy them during the winter.
Tonight's dinner will also include a fresh salad (USA produce only) and brownies made from scratch.
Julie's lemon tree is loaded with lemons so I may make a lemon bundt cake tomorrow. Yes, from scratch. Not sure what Sunday dinner will be yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment