Thursday, August 13, 2009

what to cook, what to cook...

I'm just trying to think of what to cook for dinner tonight. Chicken burritos sounds good to me right now. I have all of the ingredients but I just can't get started. The hardest part of it all is making the tortilla's. It's been some time since I made them from scratch. You know it is very easy to just pick some up at the store but we're out in the country and that would mean driving the 10 miles (round trip) just to pick up tortilla's. Doesn't sound like a very practical thing to do. So I will make the tortilla's. It's kind of fun to mix the dough, shape into ball, rubbing crisco on each ball and roll them out. Quickly tossing each one onto a griddle to cook. I have always wanted to throw them right on the open flame...saw that on TV a couple times...maybe I will try that or maybe not. Guess I'll start the chicken and have it simmering in a sauce while I round up everything to put in it. We each build our own burrito because we have different tastes. There will also be a salad to prepare but that is pretty easy. I didn't make a dessert but there is root beer float ice cream in the freezer. Sounds good to me. Did anyone see Andy Rooney on 60 Minutes the other night? His segment was on kitchen gadgets! I had to laugh because I had all the gadgets he showed. He wondered if he needed them or not but in the end I believe he just put them back in the drawer in case he needed them someday. That's right, just in case he might need them. When I started this blog that was one of my passions I talked about...kitchen gadgets. The oldest thing I have is a soup laddle that my Grandfather made for my Busia and the newest thing I have is an Olive Spoon. I bought the olive spoon in San Francisco about a month ago. It is so cute and it was a really weak moment when I bought it. I still haven't used it but "someday"...

1 comment: